At Paw-zn-around your dog doesn’t get a run but rather gets to run.
We offer boarding to our daycare clients during the weekdays. We have many “seasonal” clients who vacation in Maine several weeks a year and arrange for a combination of daycare and boarding services during their stay here each summer.
Boarding at Paw-Zn-Around is much like a kid’s summer camp. There is lots of fun to be had for our overnight guests; morning starts at 5:30 am with a romp in the fresh air with their companion over-nighters followed by breakfast. Our daycare guests begin arriving at 6:30 and by 7:30 our playgroups are getting formed and the real fun starts for everyone – all guests are part of the daycare all day long. Around 4:45pm we bring our over-nighters out for more play time. They are tucked in for the night around 6pm and checked on by the owners who live on the premise.
Boarding guests must meet all our daycare requirements including the evaluation which needs to occur in advance of their stay; for this reason advance planning is very important. We want all our guests to be relaxed and to enjoy their stay with us – if your dog has never been to a daycare or boarded, it may be necessary for your dog to come for a few daycare visits in advance of their extended stay; this helps minimize stress and assures them that mom & dad will indeed be back.
- Boarders must be dropped off in the Morning no later than 10:00 AM, Monday through Thursday.
- Boarders must be picked up by 5:30 PM on Friday evening.
- All dogs must be on a flea/tick prevention program prior to their stay, flea collars are not permitted. Any dogs found with fleas will receive a flea bath at the owner’s expense.
- Owners must provide sufficient food for their dogs stay, we do provide milk bone treats to all our guests however, if your dog has allergies or a special diet, please send treats as well. Don’t pack any dishes- we have plenty of stainless steel bowls!
- Many owners prefer to bring their pets bedding or other special items, these can be comforting for dogs. Please be sure all personal items are clearly marked with permanent marker. We do wash soiled bedding as needed and/or at least once a week.
- We are happy to assist with finding local quality pet sitting services over the weekends and have them returned to us for the following week. Owners are responsible for making these arrangements.
- Our specialized program may not fit with your schedule and therefore we will be happy to recommend you to another facility.
Pick-up times & rates for boarders are as follows:
- $40 for the first day & overnight
- $35 for each additional day/night thereafter (excluding weekends) Payment in full is expected at the time of drop off
- Pick up between 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM = no charge for that day
- Pick up at 12:00 PM = ½ day charge of $24
- Pick up after 12:00 PM = full day charge of $30
- Pets not picked up by closing time on Friday will incur additional charges of $50 per night.